Thursday, August 29, 2013

Disappointing Foundation/BB Cream. Part One.

Hello lovelies!
If you remember a while back I did a post called Foundations Galore featuring all of the foundations that I had tried out and had been hiding in the back of my drawer. Well, I pulled them back out last week and have been trying them all out throughout the past seven days and decided to put together a 'Disappointing Foundations/BB Cream' post as some of them just reminded me why I avoid using them now-a-days.




Make-Up Academy is a brand that I always go back to for my eyeliners, eyeshadow palettes and nail polishes. I'd never tried any of their foundations or bb creams before, but I decided to pick one up to give it a try. MUA's 'All In One Beauty Balm' supposedly 'primes, smooths & conceals' to give your skin a natural healthy glow. But I found that it was quite thick and wasn't too easy to apply. When it was applied though it ended up looking really cakey on me and just made my face shiny, not glowing.
Repurchase: Heck no.
Rating: 2/5


I bought this after reading everyone's reviews on it, but I was really disappointed when I tried it for the first time. I thought that it made my face look cakey and didn't give that great of a coverage, but I gave it a chance and kept using it for a few weeks to see if I could grow to love it. Sadly for me, Rimmel's Match Perfection foundation just didn't want to work for me.
Repurchase: No.
Rating: 3/5


I think most of the beauty bloggers I follow have snapped up some Dainty Doll products from Fragrance Direct and I was no exception. Along with some eyeshadows and blushers, I picked up the liquid foundation in shade 002. I expected a lot from this as it's designed for pale girls and retailed at around £24 a bottle. But again, it was a let down. It didn't cover properly, it didn't last long and it was a pain in the butt for shine. I thought this would be my favourite foundation, but I'm glad I tried it out for a discount price and didn't waste my money.
Repurchase: Nope.
Rating: 2/5


I haven't really bought into the whole BB Cream hype. I do like a natural 'feel like your wearing nothing' makeup routine, but this particular one was a nightmare to wear on. Maybelline's 'Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream' in LIGHT was terrible. It covered nothing. Not even minor blemishes. Plus I don't think Maybelline should have tagged this as a 'light' shade, when it is on the face it looks orange and that's without oxidization. I must say though the new BB Cream that they have brought out, the one with Salicylic Acid in it, is amazing. I absolutely adore it.
Repurchase: Definitely not.
Rating: 1/5

All of these were a waste of money, I wouldn't recommend any of them to anyone, they are definitely four of the worst foundations/bb creams that I have tried. 
Have you tried any of these? What are your thoughts on them? Good? Bad? Meh?

Laura x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...